March 16th, 2020
Boozhoo Parents & Guardians,
In the interest of protecting the community of Lac Courte Oreilles, and in consultation with the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School Board, I have decided to close school beginning Tuesday, March 17th rather than the previously planned date of Wednesday, March 18th, in response to concerns from parents and families. Please take note of the following information:
- Both the k-5 and 6-12 offices will be open from 8:00 to 12:00 Tuesday, March 17th for parents to pick up work folders with activities and homework for their children with activities. If students are in school today, work has been sent home. This will include a flyer on accessing free internet services.
- One meal per day, per student will be delivered between 11:00-12:00 Monday through Friday following CURRENT BUS ROUTES. We will not have capacity to make changes to routes. Staff will be delivering meals to front doors and will be required to track which students receive meals in order to receive reimbursement through our meal program. If you would like to opt out of this service, please call the school at extension 1221 and leave a message.
- The secondary library will be open 9:00-11:00 on Tuesday, March 17th for middle and high school students to check out books.
- The school building will be closed to all visitors after the buses depart this afternoon. A skeleton crew will remain on campus while cleaning and disinfecting takes place. The best way to contact teachers and staff during the break will be through staff email addresses, which can be found on the school website at www.lcoosk12.org.
- You are encouraged to check the website and facebook page, as well as local media for updates over the break. Announcements will continue through our automated system as needed as well.
My hope is that as a school and community we will pull together to keep each other safe. Thank you in advance for your patience and flexibility during this difficult time and know that our thoughts are with you and your families.
K-12 Principal/School Director