Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School Admission Policy
All students are required to update enrollment information in the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe Schools on a yearly basis. This will be done when the parent or guardian completes a returning student form as approved by the Board of Education. To be admitted as a student, they must meet the following criteria:
- A student must be a member of the Lac Courte Oreilles Band of Ojibwe, or a member of another federally recognized tribe, or proof of one-quarter degree Indian Blood.
- Consideration will be given to applicants without tribal membership that have siblings currently enrolled at Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School.
- A student who is now, or has been a resident of the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School attendance area must be enrolled and in attendance in the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe Schools within one (1) week of the start of the semester.
- All new and returning students must not have been expelled, suspended, habitually truant, nor have expulsion proceedings initiated from any school in a previous school year in order to be eligible to enroll in the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe Schools. A student with any of the afore-mentioned problems can only apply for admission at the beginning of the year or at the semester break. The admission of a student with these issues is subject to approval by the school admission committee.
- After dropping or transferring to another school, a student must complete a full semester at another school before applying for re-admission, unless the student is moving back into Sawyer County.
- Disclaimer-Providing inaccurate or incomplete information nullifies the validity of the child’s enrollment to the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School.
A student’s parent/guardian may appeal any of the above criteria to the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School Board or the Board’s designee. As a condition of admission, a student who is admitted to the
Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School may be required to enter into an admission contract for continued enrollment.
The following information is required and MUST be accurate and accompany your completed admission application. Your child’s application will not be reviewed until ALL required documents are received:
- Tribal Enrollment Certification
- Immunization Record
- Copy of Birth Certificate